The tree is packed away, ornaments are back in their boxes, Christmas lights returned (tangled, of course) to the garage, and Hallmark Channel goes back to their original programming.
I don’t know about you, but after a week of eating too much, consuming copious amounts of wine, and feeling the dread of looking at credit card bills after all that gift giving, I’m exhausted. Now only 11 more months to go until Christmas! Woohoo…or not…
Now that it’s 2019, I’m also making a New Year’s resolution to stop making resolutions. Right before New Year’s Eve, I always get this shot of motivation, like I’m ready to run a marathon. I get my planner out and make all these to-do lists, like I’m actually going to accomplish all of these in 48 hours.
Then, inevitably, I only get two done, feel guilty about it, and then go back to my original routine, that I always do.
So instead of making list after list, I am going to work on having a fun, fulfilling, and adventurous year. To continue to be kinder to myself, call friends and family more, have more dog cuddles, learn new things everyday, and let mistakes happen. Because they will.
So, here is a list of things you should follow this year. The only list you should look at. Because resolutions don’t last.
- Take more selfies with your dog. Because you need that 5,876,986th selfie!
- On the days you don’t have to get up, stay in bed with your dog and TV Binge. Because you and your dog need to need to rewatch the first two seasons Queer Eye again. Kleenex on standby.
- Spoil your dog with extra toys. Even if they only play with it for 5 minutes. Because that cute octopus toy was just too cute to pass up!
- Work those insta filters. Clarendon look better? What about Black and White? Change it up everyday. Make those dog selfies unique.
- Buy a wine just because there’s a cute dog on it. I mean, that’s what I do 99.9% of the time.
- Drive around, doesn’t matter where you go, with your dog, and turn up that Beyonce. The best excuse to sing at the top of your lungs. And your dog can’t judge your singing abilities.
- Stay in some weekends, turn your phone on do not disturb and just play ball with your dog. Seriously, it’s the best.
- Buy that shirt just because it has your dog on it. It’s a NEED people!
- Decide you are only talking to the dog today. Because, sometimes, People are annoying.
- Find someone new who obsessively talks about their dog as much as you do. Because you can never have enough people to talk about how your dog takes adorable poops.
Enjoy! And Happy New Year!