There is so much dog clothing out there it’s unbelievable. Coats, sweaters, booties, bow ties, t-shirts, and hoodies flood my Etsy and Pinterest feeds. Designer sweaters are even all the rage.
My dog has even more coats than my husband and I combined. Plaid ones, yellow ones, blue ones, you name it. Every time I’m at a pet store I ogle over the latest coat they’re selling.
But why should my dog have all the fun? Yes, I have Boston Terrier socks and pajamas, but I’m not about to wear them anywhere except inside the house. So, I thought, how can I express my inner dog loving self without looking nuts?
Well, several google searches later, I found 11 great clothing and accessories us dog lovers can proudly wear in public. There’s even an item for men!
So save those pajamas and socks for snow days and Netflix binging and get shopping!
- Dog Sweatshirt : I love the simplistic drawing of the greyhound with a pop of color on the scarf. Wear with a pair of jeans, a leather jacket, some red flats, and you’re good to go!
- Scottish Terrier Shirt: Looks like a piece of artwork. I like how they styled the sweatshirt, but I would pair it with red pants and leopard flats.
- Dog Ring: You’re bound to get a ton of compliments wearing this adorable ring. Comes in a variety of colors.
- Dog Print Scarf: Use accents, like this scarf, to show your dog loving self. Comes in variety of colors. I’d pair the green and black one with a jean jacket, a black dress, and some sandals for the summer.
- Men’s Dog Shirt: Even my husband, who is very picky about his clothes, liked this shirt. He suggests wearing the shirt with a brown leather jacket or a blazer, some dark jeans, and brown loafers.
- Dog Tote Bag: The bright red goes with almost any outfit. The dog print is classy and preppy all at the same time.
- Dog Clutch: Not only could you use this as a clutch, but it can hold your makeup, toiletries, pencils, etc.
- Dog Earrings: Subtle, dainty, and goes with any outfit.
- Tote Bag: If you’re going to “carry” a dog on your bag, let it be on this tote. Perfect for carrying your iPad, books, or small sketchbook.
- Dog Necklace: The origami-inspired shape makes a statement. Perfect for layering with other necklaces.
- Just for fun – Bridal Flats: These are the cutest shoes I have ever seen. I don’t know what’s cuter: the adorable drawings or the story it tells. The artist customizes each shoe with your own special story. I would definitely include my dog. And I would probably never wear them because they’re just so darn cute.
Well, that’s a wrap. I’ll be doing more features like these. Do you have any great dog accessories or clothing you’ve discovered? Sound off in the comments below!